Fashion is an art, and a form of self-expression that allows you to show your unique style. Not everyone is confident in rocking an outfit, though. Many would hide their true style under a cardigan, a hoodie, or baggy pants, because there’s a fear of showing their body’s individuality. This shouldn’t be the case for anyone, because you can definitely rock fashion no matter your body type.
Beauty and style come in all shapes and sizes, and it’s time to celebrate this diversity. From hourglass to apple, pear to rectangle, there are secrets to dressing with confidence and flair, proving that fashion knows no bounds and everybody can be fashionable.
Understanding Body Types
Common body types include apple, pear, hourglass, rectangular, and inverted triangle. It is best to understand one’s body while keeping in mind that everyone is unique.
- Apple Shape: Individuals with this body type have a waist that is the widest part of the body, while their shoulders and hips are narrower and around the same width. A-line dresses, empire waistlines, and V-neck tops are suitable for this body type, drawing attention away from the waist.
- Pear Shape: Women with this body type have wider hips and a narrower upper body. The best outfits for them are A-line skirts, wrap dresses, and fitted tops to enhance their shape.
- Inverted Triangle Shape: They have broad shoulders and a narrower lower body. To balance this shape, women can wear V-necklines, flared pants, and wide belts.
- Rectangular Shape: Those with a rectangular body often have similar measurements for the bust, waist, and hips. Women can experiment with peplum tops, belted dresses, and asymmetrical hemlines.
- Hourglass Shape: This figure features well-defined curves with a smaller waist. Fitted dresses and high-waisted bottoms accentuate the waist and work well for this body type.
Choosing the Right Bag for Your Body Type
Choosing the right bag is not just about fashion; it’s also about functionality and comfort. While you carefully choose the types of clothing you should wear, you should also consider the bag that compliments your physique. Having the right bag choice can enhance your style and ensure you feel confident and comfortable wherever you go.
For individuals with this body type, you should go for structured/boxy bags with short handles. This means you can basically choose either wide rectangular totes, bowlers, or top handle bags. Avoid using sling/crossbody bags when worn across the body, because they tend to accentuate the midsection. Céline’s 16 Bag, Louis Vuitton’s All Set Bag, or Gucci’s bowler-styled Ophidia bag would suit best for you.
Women with pear-shaped bodies must use bags that fall between waist and hips. Bags with longer straps, or belt bags that are worn across the body are the best for this body type but make sure you don’t wear them on the waist/hips. Some bags that work well for you are Prada’s nylon studded belt bag and Balenciaga’s Classic City.
Inverted Triangle Shape
Use long straps so that your bags rest on or against the hips. Satchels, shoulder bags, or crossbody bags work well for you as long as they come with long straps. Belt bags will look good on you too, but make sure they’re only worn on the hips or waist, instead of across the body. Some bags that look perfectly great on your body type are Prada’s Cahier Belt Bag, Valentino’s V-Logo bag and Saint Laurent’s Kaia bag.
Because your body type is generally straight, you need to create the illusion of curves by using clutches that are tucked under your arm, or slouchy hobo bags worn on the shoulder that create dimension and curves. You definitely should try Jodie or Pouch by Bottega Veneta, and the iconic Fendi Baguette.
You can go for any bag, as long as it’s proportionate to your physique. Big or oversized bags like Dior’s Book Tote would work best for tall women. If you’re petite, aim for smaller bags. Loewe’s Puzzle Bag is best for your body type, and since this bag has various sizes, remember to choose a size that’s proportionate to your height.
As you explore fashion for different body types, it is evident that the fashion landscape is evolving for the better. Every body type deserves the opportunity to express their unique style and feel confident in their clothing choices. So, celebrate your body and express your style with confidence and elegance.
Whether your goal is to boost your self-esteem, redefine your style, or simply have some fun with fashion, we hope this blog helps to start your journey of self-discovery, self-expression, and self-love.
Whenever your bags have damage, remember that there are leather experts you can always turn to. Doctor Leather specializes in restoring and renewing all types of leather items, including your handbags. Don’t let minor imperfections or significant wear and tear compromise the beauty and functionality of your bags. Trust us to provide expert repairs, giving your bags a second chance at looking their best.